Thursday, August 15, 2013

Kindergarten

Its official, Emerson is now in kindergarten!  I really can't believe it, we have a 5 year old in "real" school.  How did this happen?  She was a little nervous and timid, but very excited.  Steve was able to come to school with us to drop her off on her first day which was so nice.  She lined up with her class outside and once all students were there, they marched single file into the school.  No parents allowed inside the first day....she's so grown up!  She waived goodbye and that was it.  My tears came, Steve gave me a smile and off we went.  She is in part time kindie, but at her school that means all day Monday, Wednesday and a half day Friday morning.  So she had snacks and lunch in the cafeteria yesterday.  I was so excited to pick her up and hear all about her day!  She absolutely loved it, and told me it was not a long day at all!  7 hours for me was long!  Her biggest upset was that she was not riding the bus!  Luckily her good friend Brooke is in her class, so they were able to eat and play at recess together.  Her favorite part of the day was going to the computer lab....my how things have changed in the last 30 years!

my beautiful Emerson Kate






Ms. Cornelius and Emerson



No comments:

Post a Comment