Monday, December 5, 2011

oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree

Well, our tree cutting tradition was broken this year I am sad to say!  After what I want to say has been 5 great years of heading to Winter Park with the Johnson family to cut our tree...we missed this year! We woke up Saturday morning to a lot of snow...blizzard like in Parker.  We had plans to head up to the mountains with the Kidd family....Andrea and I made the decision that morning that it would be in everyones best interest to not go.  I was bummed, but there was no way Steve, I and the kids were going to sit on I70 for hours on end trying to get up the mountain...no thanks!  Maybe, just maybe this happened because Jack, Laura and Ryan moved to Texas and without them along it would not be the same!

Our tree cutting day turned out to be one the the BEST family days we have had.  We could not have had more fun making the short trek to Silver Sage Nursery in Littleton to pick out our tree of choice!  Steve uses this nursery for the majority of his business so the last few years we have been offered a free tree from them but have always declined...not this year!  I have a beautiful 10ft tree in my living room to prove it.  I have said to Steve a few times that I really miss our Charlie Brown mountain tree....but there will always be next year.  We bundled ourselves and the kids up and had a great time at the nursery....the kids esp.  We then went to lunch and warmed up, next up was a quick trip to Target to get Emerson a sled....needed to take the opportunity with all this snow!  Once we got home, Steve built Emmy a sled hill in our front yard and she must have gone down it 20 times!  Wyatt and I were inside snuggling....perfect.

Once Wy woke from his nap we got the lights on the tree and the ornament box opened.  Quick note; the ornament box was not even open for 2 seconds and Wyatt broke the first ornament he touched!  Stinker....ahhh little boys that is for sure.  Emerson has never broken a thing (though she recently had a major run in with my makeup bag and my white bedroom quilt....that is a story for another day!).

Our tree could not be more perfect this year and I will always remember what a wonderful day we all had together getting that tree.  Family is really what Christmas is all about.....





No comments:

Post a Comment